Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lorna Christiansen

I'm so excited that we've got this blog. Thank you Jim.

I admit to being curious about what everyone has been up to these last few years. I've run into a few of you recently.
  • David Graham and I met 2 or 3 years back and dated a couple times before finding out we were in the same graduating class. We still keep in touch, though we no longer date, maybe it's because he's such a wonderful helpful person, or it's because he's the only one I know who owns a motorcycle and lets me drive it?
  • I ran into Nannette Burnside earlier this year at a business meeting.
  • I also met up again with Alan Ormsby a few months back; we're on the same committee at work.
I currently work for the Health Department in the Children with Special Health Care Needs Bureau. A very interesting job to say the least.

I'm a single mom of three wonderful kids; Quinton 16, Kylee 13, Trevor 9. I don't think I'm going to survive the "My Kids are Learning to Drive" stage.

For some reason I decided working full time, dating, taking care of the house and kids wasn't enough so I also sell Avon in my spare time. I love this job. It's the first time, in my adult life, I've ever had discretionary income that I could spend solely on myself and the feeling is exhilarating.

I've lived around the country. Monterey, CA - San Angelo, TX - Palmyra, NY - Fort Drum, NY - San Antonio, TX and then finally relocated back to SLC in 1998. As some of you may have guessed. . .yes my ex-husband was in the Army. Of all the places I've lived the only place I ever missed was California.

I'm looking forward to reading more about where life has taken all of you.